What is MODX?
This is the basic question that crosses over our minds when we hear about MODX. Let’s then first know about it. It’s a content management system that was released in 2005. It was developed to retain the security and to an independent design features to the customers. The motive for the development of MODX was to create a revolution in traditional CMS that people relied on.
What features do you get under MODX?
- The access to built-in package library which helps the developer to perform the important tasks.
- If you have an idea and want to create a plugin then MODX allows you to do the same.
- Additionally, it provides different payable plugins that can be integrated into your website.
- Some people prefer WordPress for their CMS but MODX is said to be better in all the configurations than WordPress. WordPress is for non-technical people but MODX is for technical people that have knowledge of PHP and HTML.
- It is said to be a framework specially designed to ease the work of developers.
- We can call MODX as a revolutionary idea for developers with CMF ( Content management framework)
- MODX is built with PHP, and it runs on servers like Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, and IIS.
- It uses MySQL database for storing data. The database is accessed by active record style pattern by xPDO.
- If you use MODX, you can control anything in the Manager. The best part is that you can edit the Manager and Dashboard itself according to your requirement.
- It offers the best security features.
- MODX needs to be understood well before using it as a CMF and CMS because it involves technical knowledge and significant learning edge.
- Cloud hosting and support services are provided well if you wish to build a site on MODX. You can rely on its support system well!
- Technology evolves itself over time and MODX is a revolutionary CMS that does not depend on a single technology. Its compatible with the next generation technologies too.
- MODX is a platform that does not restrict you on certain things like other platforms. It’s known for the flexibility and simplicity it offers to the website.
- You can use it to create a marketing site or applications that need an expert knowledge of development.
- Non-technical users can adapt it and easily learn the way it works. It is easy to maintain the content for non-technical users using MODX.
- MODX is an open source platform and encourages input from outside.
How Bluechip will help you?
- We have a technical team that would understand your requirements and analyzes whether MODX platform is a good choice for your website.
- Our support team will help you out and guide you with the MODX manager.
- You can handle your website the way you want.
- We would assure that your data is 100% secure.