SEO for Hospitality Industry
The hotel and hospitality industry is no different when it comes to leveraging the internet. They extensively use the world wide web for different purposes-
- The Internet is a good tool to understand the trends in the industry. It aids in knowing the customer requirements from hotels and the general state of the industry.
- It helps the service providers to connect directly with vendors, investors, and customers. Helps them sort out issues, if any and attend to grievances.
- It helps in securing more business.
So like any business that is using the internet, hotels also aim at increasing traffic to their website. More the number of customers visiting their websites, better the footfall would be, is the general understanding in that industry. It is hence crucial for their websites to be Search Engine Optimised (SEO) to achieve more mileage in the internet space.
SEO for hotel websites are not very different from SEO for other pages. However, it cannot be taken lightly, because the goals of a company operating in a hospitality industry would be drastically different from that of an IT company.
Hence here are some pointers on SEO for hotel websites.
- Keyword Research: The most basic and common tip would be to ensure that the website concurs with the keyword requirements of the search engine. For example, Google rates the website based on relevance and quality. Quality keywords will ensure that the page pops up in most search requests and hence will drive organic traffic to the page.
- Populate the page with quality content. Content drives any website and ensures that the content posted is regular and fresh.
- Update the content and the website code regularly. Nobody likes to land on an outdated page. Hence up-to-date content will lead to audience liking the page and give it higher ratings.
- When designing a website, have your brand as the second priority. Unless you are one of those big brands that are around for a long time, nobody searches for yours in specific. Understandably, customers generally go for better facilities for a cheaper price and hence search using such terms. Hence give your brand name second priority while designing the SEO.
- Have a separate SEO strategy for the company. It might be true that you are getting good results with the basic SEO tips but it always helps in having a solid SEO and website strategy in place.
- List your place in multiple sites like Google Plus, Google Places and other hospitality and travel-related websites.
- Of late it has been observed that Google, as a search engine, awards better rankings for pages that are adaptable on multiple platforms. With the advent of mobile phones and tablets along with cheap data, it is crucial to make your website fluid. Ensure that the experience is equally great in all these platforms.
- Declutter your website. Avoid making it an eyesore. Keep things simple.
- Do not bloat your website with too many tools. For example, Adobe Flash is a redundant technology now to use for building an interactive website. Do away with it and embrace code. Edit and make your images lighter to speed up webpage loading time.
- Invest your time and energy in building backlinks. It is important to bring traffic to your page.
- Fix broken links on the page. Remember that it is painful to land on a page that has been removed or relocated to another location. Update these things then and there.
These tips are quite basic in the SEO strategy of a hotel website. Seek professional help if things seem complicated. That would ensure better results and saves time which can be put to productive use.